Friday, May 13, 2011

Using your stockpile for teachers gifts

Every year I give a gift to my son's teacher (at the end of the year) to thank her for all her hard work.  I also write a handwritten card to her and to all the aides in the special education dept. that work with my son.  My sister-in-law is a teacher and she once told me that handwritten thank you cards were her favorite gifts.  So I do try to personalize it to each teacher for what they do for my son and the other students all year.  This year I'm giving part of my stockpile of office supplies to my sons teacher as well as a $15 iTunes gift card.  My son has an iPad at school and I had found out that she and the principal had paid for some of the apps on his iPad when I thought it was the special ed. department that had done so.  So I want to ensure she doesn't pay out of pocket again.  Most of the apps were only $1.99 to $.99 each but it adds up.  Most of the goodies will be pens, mechanical pencils, highlighters, dry erase markers, scotch tape and nicer office ink pens.  Most teachers in our area are only given $50 a year to purchase supplies for their classroom so anything I can provide her with (that I paid nothing for) will surely help. My son's teacher knows I'm a couponer so I don't let her think I spent a bunch of money either and make her feel guilty.  I'm also donating several board games I got cheap throughout the year including Toy Story Operation, Connect Four and Elefun.  When I get it all together I will take pictures.  But I wanted to post about it to show how you can use your couponing to GIVE as well as stockpile.  I probably would never be able to afford to supply my son's teacher with these products if it wasn't for couponing.  I love that about couponing.  I feel I can give much better gifts now and good practical gifts that are much needed.  It makes me feel good that I can do that and I'm thankful the opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment