Saturday, May 7, 2011

I was wet and frozen

I'm such a hard core frugal shopper that I was out at 7am in the cold rain going to rummage sales.  But I did get some deals.  I got 2 Walmart size bags full of Boys 3T clothes for $4, Skechers shoes for $3, a bunch of toys for about $3, some Disney VHS tapes for $.50 each and a set of 10 drinking glasses for $3 (we so needed them).  My only funny story is that I did go to this sale with 2 older people who had a bunch of antiques and furniture.  And then on a table (proudly displayed) was a whole bunch of Playboy magazines.  And they we're not old ones.  So not only was the old man frisky and a subscriber but proud to let all his neighbors out shopping that day know it also.  I'm glad I wasn't shopping with my little ones. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he was just being "with the times"!...haha...Well, better then be proud then be ashamed of who you are right? Or maybe he reads them "for the stories"...or an elder sons perhaps? Anyway, that is pretty funny! Good trip!

    ReplyDelete