Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Walmart Trip

I have to start this by saying I HATE WALMART.  I hate saying that but I really do. I hate the lack of customer service, I hate the long lines, I hate that there are only 2 cashiers when there are 200 people in the store, I hate that the self service registers are always closed and I always see the oldest employees working the speedy lines (REALLY.) And worst of all, I often have issues with my coupons not going through and I torture the people in line behind me with my giant stack of coupons.  I want to give them a cookie and apologize every time.  So I went there today ready for a hassle and I ended up going around 5pm which is bad timing on my part. 

First, the Toy Story Operation board games are back but now they are $14.96.  Interesting that 2 weeks ago they were $5 and I used $3 off coupons on them.  Glad I got them when I did.

Second, they were stocked back with Nivea body wash but now it's $3.96.  Last week is was $3.00.  That was quite a price jump.  So now I will use the rest of my $3 coupons at the Dollar General Store to get my free body wash. It will be a smaller bottle but free.

Third, their Easter clearance is 75% off and they had a ton of it.  So good time to buy up for next year.

Below is my picture of what items I scored for free or almost free.
The Uncle Bens rice and the candle were coupons that were mailed to me.  This is where it pays off to request free samples.  They usually mail you a coupon for a free product. I had 2 $1 Reach floss coupons left from last months and a $1 off any tide coupon from the P & G coupon booklet giveaway on Facebook 2 months ago.  The hamburger meat was free from a coupon I took from Schnucks 3 months ago where I would get $3 off meat with the purchase of 3 Old El Paso products.  I bought 9 packages of taco shells at $1 each and used a $.60 off 3 coupon on those.  Also pictured is 3 packages of taco seasoning that I got free with a peelie coupon I got from the Dollar General store months back that gets my a free seasoning for buying any 2 Old El Paso products.  This sounds complicated but it involves some tricky coupon matching to make this deal work.  Over all I got 3 packages of 1 lb. hamburger meat, 9 boxes of taco shells and 3 packages of seasoning for less than $7.  This is a good example of why it is good to grab peelies, tearpads and blinkie coupons when you see them and then wait for a sale to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment