Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm in Coupon heaven right now

On of my couponing goals while traveling this week is to "dumpster dive" for those good coupons we don't get in our local Evansville paper.  Well much to my surprise I didn't need to because my sister-in-laws husband (I'm visiting them while traveling) works for a newspaper and brought me huge stacks on inserts from the last few weeks.  I'M SO EXCITED.  So I got a bunch of those $1 off KC Masterpiece coupons that will equal free sauce the next time Schnucks has them for 10 for $10. I also got Chi-Chi tortilla shells, Baby Rays Sauce and so many more.  There are some great advantages to having family in the newspaper business. 

I asked him about issues with papers being short on inserts in our Evansville area and he stated they have the same issue and it's actually an issue in every market.  The newspaper only receives so many inserts based on what the manufacturers/companies send them.  So they make sure their paid subscribers get all the inserts but otherwise, you run the risk of not receiving them. 

I was also hoping to get some of those Unilever coupon inserts from last weeks paper but they did not get them in their market either.

There is also a Kroger here but their coupon policy states that they will double up to $1 but for only 2 coupons in your transaction.  You can use more coupons than that but only the first 2 will double.  That's a bummer.  I'm enjoying spending time with my sister-in-law and her 4 kids (2 of them are brand new baby twins) and talking about coupons.  We had a table full of coupons inserts and clipped coupons last night. Party!!!! (well in my life that's a party).

No comments:

Post a Comment