Sunday, May 1, 2011

Too Many Couponers????

Ever since the Extreme Couponing show has become popular I have seen such an increase in the amount of people on coupon blogging sites, printing coupons and the store shelves being empty by Monday afternoon.  Today I have 3 coupons I've been trying to print for about 2 hours now and the site is bogged down from so many people printing at one time.  So I'm left wondering if this is a good or bad thing.  Everybody needs a good deal and to save money.  But is there going to be an increase also in the amount of people using coupons in an unethical way or outright fraud which will make us all look bad? 

One thing I know for sure is that many people will begin couponing on a whim but once they see the work that goes into it they lose interest.  Especially with keeping up on the organization of all the coupons in your binder, clearing out expired coupons and memorizing each individual stores coupon policy. There is a lot of work to do couponing to the point of building a stockpile and it requires time just as you would devote to a hobby. You have to have a passion for saving and couponing to be a couponer.  I place my bet that for the next few months to a year there will be a rush of people couponing but that it will fall off when the newness of their new hobby wares off.  But I do hope that those who stay with it will be able to change their lives forever and create more financial security for themselves and their family.

4 comments:

  1. shelves do tend to empy more these days...stockpiling has become a sport it seems...lol...i keep only a small stash of things around...not anywhere near what you see on the extreme show...though i did pick up 8 bottles in the liquor department last evening...had four $1 and four $2 coupons...and they were on sale besides...usually the coupons and the sales for alcohol do not coincide...just got lucky...>^,,^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way to put it, that stockpiling has become a sport. I'm thinking that the newness of it will wear off in time when they realize it's a lot of work to stockpile and get great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are right, Mary. People are enthused by what they see on the show, but it does take time and energy and I am sort of hoping it dies down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for someone to teach me and my friends how to coupone anyone interested in teaching us? kerengreene@ymail.com please email me if so. We live in Mt. Vernon, In.

    ReplyDelete