Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gas prices and couponing

I live in Wadesville and it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to Evansville depending on what side of town I go to.  When gas prices hit $4 I decided that I needed to cut the amount of days I drive to Evansville in half.  This is hampering my couponing.  I dream of living in an urban setting where I can get in my car and drive for 4 minutes to the local CVS.  Oh, that just seems so grand to me.  I know your thinking "wow her dreams are pretty lame."  And they kinda are.  I'm a stay at home mom and little things are big deal.  So when summer hits I plan to make early Sunday morning my couponing day.  I will do CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and Target all on that day.  Then Wednesday my son has therapy in Evansville on the east side so I will sneak in a second chance couponing at whatever store had the best deals and will do Menards if they have good rebate items that week and Schnucks. This way I can save on gas and get my freebies.  There was a day long ago when I never worried about how much gas was or how much it cost to fill my tank.  I drive a van also (which is necessary for my oldest son's disability) and it's about $70 to fill it up.  I hope we can all ease our gas budgets by saving with coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment