Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Walgreens trip today

I had high hopes of scoring a bunch of free Gillette products today.  Here is the scenario I was shooting for:

Buy 1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $9.89

Buy 2 Gillette Body Washes $4.99 each
Buy 2 Gillette Sport deodorants $5.49 each
Total = $30.85
Use the $4/1 ProGlide Razor coupon found in the 6/5 PG
Use the buy one get one FREE Body Wash coupon found in the 6/5 PG (OR use the $2/1 Body Wash coupon found in the 5/15 RP)
And use the buy one get one FREE Deodorant coupon found in the 5/15 RP
(this coupon is only valid up to $4.99, so $4.99 will be deducted – not $5.49) (OR use the $1/1 Gillette Deodorant coupon found in the 6/5 PG)
Pay $16.87
Get back a $10 RR (for purchasing $30 worth of participating products)
And get back a $5 RR (for purchasing the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor)
Final cost $1.87 for all items!

My first stop was Morgan Ave Walgreens which had only 1 body wash so I couldn't make this scenario work with the coupons I had on hand.  But I did get the razor for $.89 and 3 bottles of Nivea body wash for $.33 each by using the scenario below:

Nivea for Men skin care or Nivea body wash 2/$7 = $2 RR

Buy 3 Nivea for Men body wash 2/$7
Use the Buy 2 get 1 Free Nivea body wash coupon found in the June issue of All You mag
Plus, use 2 $2/1 coupons found in the 6/5 RP
Pay $3
Get back a $2 RR
Final cost $0.33 each!

So I wanted to try again to get the $10 RR so I went to the S. Green River Walgreens and they had the body washes and the deodorants but not the razors.  STRIKE OUT!  I did run into another couponer at the checkout which was nice.  She had been to the N. Green River Walgreens and they were sold out as well so I didn't bother to run up there.  At this point my 2 boys were done with drug stores and I went home.  It's sucks to do shopping with kids in tow but that was my only option today. 

You literally need to get to the drug stores before 10am on Sunday to get the best deals of the week and my issue this week is the stores being sold out still from sales from last week.  I'm formulating a letter now to the Walgreen managers to ask them to please overstock on the items like these before the sale starts so they can satisfy all their customers (and not just 3 or 4 in a city with over a 100,000 people).  If we lived in a city with a Kroger, Publix or Albertson's then it wouldn't be such a big deal but some of the best deals I get are from our drug stores and their great sales.

Our poor drug stores are struggling to accommodate all the "new couponers" since the show Extreme Couponing started.  A cashier today told me that she has had so many customers trying to buy items and using the coupons incorrectly.  The cashier is a couponer herself so she was able to explain it to them but I imagine it's hard on cashiers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment