Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Buy-Low trip

Shopping with kids SUCK!!!!  Ok, I got that out of my system so now on to the deals I was able to find that were not advertised.  I took these pictures at the Buy-Low on Morgan ave.
I had a $.50 off Chi Chi's tortillas and they were on sale for $1.50 each which was $.50 each after the doubled coupon.  I got this coupon from my brother in-law from his N. IL newspaper.  I ended up buying 6 packages. It's not listed in the coupon database so I'm not exactly sure which paper it came out of.


This coupon from the 5/15 SS makes the wipes $.99 each.  They had quite a bit of these and I was able to get the natural care/scent free ones.  I use the plastic containers after I use up the wipes to organize my craft supplies and the kids small toys. I didnt clear the shelves by any means so there is plenty at the Morgan Ave. store.

 I was able to get organic cage free eggs for $2.09 which is an awesome price. When I lived in INDY I paid around $4 for these eggs.  This coupon was in the 5/1 SS.

Other deals I got that I didn't take pictures of was:

Heinz ketchup in the 40 oz. bottle for $.99.  It was on sale for $1.99 and I had several $.50 off any Heinz ketchup bottle.  This coupon was in the 5/22 SS. 

Hunts ketchup was on sale for 5/$5 and I had 2 $.25 printable coupons from last month which made them $.50.  Today was the last day to use it also! This coupon is no longer available. 

I got 5 boxes of Cheerios for $1 each with a printable coupon from last month (no longer available).  The General Mills cereals are on sale for 5/$10 this week.

Chicken of the Sea can of tuna were on sale for $.79 and I had 2 $.50 coupons from their facebook page (no longer available) which made them both free. 

I also got the Pillsbury Grand biscuits that were on sale for $.99 and I used the $.30/2 coupon from the 4/17 SS which made them $.70 each.  My husband loves these (I swear they taste like they were sprayed with Windex) so I went ahead and got him some.  I also picked up the sweet rolls using the $.40/2 from the same insert which made them $.60 each (I do like those!).

*** I only mention the deals I got with coupons no longer printable in case you guys had printed them too.  This is why it's always important to print the coupons ASAP and hold on to them until a sale comes up. 

I went to the West side Lloyd Expressway store and the Morgan Ave. store and they were both sold out of hot dogs so I'm going to wait till Sunday and hope they get another shipment in.

I had no problems with my coupons doubling and had great cashiers.  I actually think I've always had great cashiers at Buy-Low which is such a relief.  I wish I had more patient customers in line behind me though. One lady changed lanes because she said she didn't want to wait on the "coupon lady" and I think she was talking about me.  I kinda like that title, I'll keep it.  I've been called worse. 

1 comment:

  1. Malissa WeatherholtJune 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM

    I work at the buy low on morgan ave and i do believe i seen you when i was leaving. Was going to let you know that the store gets shipments on tuesday, thursday, and saturdays, so your best chance to get certain products that may be out of stock would be those listed days!!! Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete