Friday, June 17, 2011

My Coupon Class Tonight

Thank you to everyone who came to the coupon class.  We raised over $200 for CARE (Community Autism Resources of Evansville) and had a great time.  I had some great couponers pass on some of their tricks and tips for couponing and I wanted to pass them on to everyone else. 

1. The "GhettoMart" (I love that I learned that Evansville has a ghetto mart) which is Walmart on Covert Ave. has been price matching not only the sale price on the Walgreens and CVS ad but also the Register Reward or the Extra Care Buck.  For example if the ad stated that Gillette razors are on sale for $8 but will be $4 after the Register Reward then Walmart will price match it at the $4.  I haven't been there to try this myself but I can't wait too.  Per Walmarts store policy you also do not need to take the store ad in with you because every cashier should have it themselves.

2.  Thortons gas station on S. Green River sells Louisville Sunday newspapers for $2.  A Louisville newspaper will give you better coupons than an Evansville one so this is a great resource. I always suggest people check to make sure the coupon inserts are in the paper before they buy it.

3.  If you ever find that you forgot to use a coupon when you were checking out, just go to the Customer Service desk at Target and they will give you the cash for the missed coupon.  I've done this more than once and have never had any problems. 

4.  Dollar Tree sells Sunday newspapers for $1 which I knew but I did not know that you can buy them on Saturday.  The store usually already has the coupon section of the paper and will sell that to you on Saturday for $1.

5.  Several people have been able to shop at CVS and Walgreens locally on Sat. night and get the next weeks deals.  I know most stores computer systems allow that after midnight but several people were able to shop before then. 

4 comments:

  1. VERY good info about the Dollar Tree! Is this the one in Lawndale? Also, I was wondering if I went to one of the 24 hour CVS stores around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday if I could get the new deals. Sounds like that's a yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other couponers have told me that after midnight the computer software will switch to the next day so for sure you can get Sunday's deal on Sat. night after midnight but from what I learned at the class you can do it earlier.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it's both Dollar Tree's
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called Dollar Tree in Lawndale and they said they don't sell the ads or paper on Saturday. Am I missing something? I know on Sunday they're a dollar, thus the name Dollar Tree, but can someone tell me which Dollar Tree sells them on Saturday and at what time they start selling it by?
    -confused Kat

    ReplyDelete