Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Local Organic Food Co-Op

I'm so excited to have this local resource for organic food. I live in Posey County and there is a new organic store in Mount Vernon called NaeRae's Naturally Organic Foods (GO HERE to check out the website).  They are now offering an organic co-op. My friend Marci was able to get everything pictured below for around $100.
(4) organic celery sleves: $8.56

(2) 2# Bags organic bosc pears: $6.86
(2) 3# Bags organic red beets: $20.26
4# Organic carrots: $7.24
Organic (Non-GMO) Red Beets - THE BEST LIVER CLEANSER!

3# organic white peaches: $7.08
1# organic shitake mushrooms: $10.37
2 pkg. (6 oz ea) organic blackberries: $5.46
Also pictured: organic butter: $4.58; free-range chicken eggs: $3.00; 2 pkgs of the best tortilla chips on the planet: $7.18
6 bunches (big bunches!) of organic kale: $10.38 ($1.73 each)
3# bag of organic Gala apples: $4.71
2# bag of organic baby spinach: $8.92

If you are interested in learning more or joining the co-op please contact Marci Terry at marciterry4allofyou@yahoo.com

In regards to couponing and organic foods, well as you can guess there are few coupons out there for it.  This is part of the reason why I do couponing so I can afford to buy organic (when I can). The money I save on getting all my personal hygiene products for free can go towards my organic foods.  Co-ops are an excellent option to reduce your grocery bill and the deal that Marci got above is a good savings for fresh organic produce and the variety she was able to get as well.   

.

.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Thanks for the info. I live in Mount Vernon and was wondering how expensive it is.
    Tracy Kraft

    ReplyDelete