Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How to make some extra money

I've been working to generate some extra cash the past few weeks and have listed items on EBay and I'm close to renting a booth at the Merchants Mall in Washington Mall to sell some of my crafts.  Another way I'm earning extra cash is doing yard sales (which I posted about before) and consignments sales. 

This weekend there will be consignment sale at the National Guard Armory on Lloyd Expressway. It's the Consign-It-Mom sale and you can check out their website HERE.  I have done the Twice As Nice Sale before but this year it is not until the last weekend of September. 

It is a lot of work to sort out your items, clean them, iron them, type in the information about them into your computer, generate tags and then pin or tape them to everything.  But you get to keep 70% of what you make and most other consignment stores or even Once Upon A Child do not give you near that.  This sale is very picky about what they take.  Your items must be in the best used condition and name brands and clothing sets sell best.  They also take furniture, maternity, toys and more.

I will update everyone on how I do.  I mostly have clothes so I don't expect to make a bunch.  I sold most of my stuff at my yard sale.  There is still time to sign up but you have to do it ASAP, tomorrow is the last day to drop your items off.

No comments:

Post a Comment