Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My KROGER Shopping Trip

I finally drove over to Owensboro today and made my first shopping trip through the aisles of Kroger.  I did not prepare for the trip like I normally do.  I just brought all my coupons with me and went up and down every aisle looking for deals.  Of course I can't find my camera again so I will post the pictures later. I first have to say that it was so much fun to shop in a new store and plot out all my deals.  My savings was over $140 and this was a small unplanned trip.  So I'm pretty excited to see what I can do in the future when I take the time to plan it out. 

Here's the nitty gritty on couponing at Kroger:

 - Coupons $.50 and under will double unless they state otherwise
 - Go to Customer Service to get a Kroger Plus card which you can use to upload digital coupons (I did my trip without digital coupons because I did not have any uploaded)
 - The digital coupons on your card are manufacturer coupons and can not be stacked with your paper coupons.  They also will not double. So if you have the option of having a paper $.50 coupon or less then you are better off to use it and not the digital coupon
 - Kroger has lots of catalina deals which increases your savings.  I used this deal on 3 different items.
 - There is no limit on "like" coupons, which is AWESOME. There is a limit on the total number of coupons in one transaction which is 250
 - They do accept internet printed coupons with no trouble.

An important note on Kroger is that they have a very nice organic and specialty food section.  I was very impressed.  This is a great way to reduce your specialty food shopping since this store will double coupons.  For example, I buy organic Almond Milk.  They had my brand, Almond Breeze, on sale for $2.99 (it's $4.09 at Schnucks) and I had a $.55 coupon (which did not double because it was over $.50). This item was also on a catalina deal where if you buy 4 of them then you get a $4 catalina on a future purchase.  So I bought 4 and after my coupons and the catalina my milk was $1.45 each.  Great price and great savings. Pampers wipes were on sale for $2.19 and I used the $.50 coupon in the 10/2 PG to get them for $1.19.  They were regularly $2.89.   I got a whole lot more and as soon as I find my camera I will post pictures of my finds!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment