Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Buehlers Trip and my $.75 Planters Peanut Butter

I wish I had better news to report but I really couldn't find any amazings deals to pass on to you.  The Thanksgiving food sales are coming up and knowing that I did not buy much of anything at Buehlers even though it's double coupon week. It's just that their everyday price is too high. They do have some good sales this week but not with a good coupon match-up.  If you find some good deals, please leave a comment below.  When I did the math, I was better off using my coupons at Walmart even though they would not double.  But I did find some neat things.  First of all the Morgan Ave. store had this cute setup for kids in the baby aisle:
I think they have been doing a story time or something but my lttle guy loved this area.
There's my little guy.  He was in the middle of "doing some business".  Thank goodness Buehlers has a public bathroom.  I get tired of changing diapers in the car all the time.

What I did find at Buehlers was a lot of tearpad coupons.  I usually take a few and then wait for the item to go on sale.  I did buy my fresh fruit and veggies I needed for the week and a package of store band diapers which were on sale for $5.99.

Here I found these awesome $.75 Planters peanut butter in the 16.3 oz containers.  They were $2.79 at Buehlers and the coupon does exclude doubling.  I took 16 of these coupons but there were about 40 on the pad and plenty left for whoever needs them.  So as the frugal shopper I took the coupons and went to Walmart where the same product was priced $1.98. The east side Walmart was completely sold out but I did find the shelves full at the west side Walmart. But Walgreens has this peanut butter on sale for 2 for $3.  So I took my ad and price matched it at Walmart with no problem which made each jar $1.50.

I bought 16 jars of Planters peanut butter for around $.75 each.  This peanut butter will get used this Christmas for no bake cookies, peanut butter kisses cookies and lots of PB&J sandwhiches!  The rumour is also that the price of peanut butter is suppose to go up sharply in the next month or so and stockpiling is the smart way to save money on this product. 

5 comments:

  1. The Buehler's on 1st Ave. had Colgate Wisps for $.75 with $.75 off coupon. The Wisps were 2 packs and the coupon specified they were for 4 packs only, but the sign advertised that they were free and it scanned with no problem. It's a small savings, but a useful item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have $1/4 Progresso Soups would make them $.74. Cheap. I have $1 off 2 Fruit Lunchables but I don't know if those are on sale.

    Tracy Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used all my dawn coupons & got Lots of free dish liquid. It was on sale for 99 cents so my .50 cent coupon doubled. then i used my rainchecks for the .66 cent croissants from last week & my .40 cents off 2 coupons doubled, so I paid .25 cents a can for them :)Pizza rolls would have been a good deal but they were out & I went on 8am monday morning so that was odd I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up in Princeton they have Old Orchard Juice (apl-cran & apl-kiwi-strb) 3/$5. Go to old orchard website and sign up and they let you print 14 coupons for .50/1 which doubles so the juice ends up being .67... Not too bad. On the boarder chips are 2/$5 and mfg website has .50 off any product coupons that will double. Bounty basic paper towels are $1 so that .25 coupon doubles making them .50 each. Yoplait 4pack $2 and there is a .50 mfg coupon that doubles making it $1 or .25 a cup. Scored the progresso too! The small Folgers cans were $3 - $1 off any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for posting all your tips. I love this couponing community we're building and all the great tips!

    ReplyDelete