Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Time to re-organize

I'm in the process of trying out a new system for organizing my coupons and it's a mess.  Every flat surface in my kitchen is covered in papers, ads, coupons, and such.  This is probably the third time I've tried a new system.  I dream of hiring a personal assistant to cut all my coupons out and organize them.  If I was a millionaire I think I would still coupon but I would have staff to do my leg work.  So I had a 3 ring binder system to hold my whole ad inserts but it's just gotten to huge since I have so may inserts for each Sunday.  I may have as many as 20 inserts.  So now I'm putting them into folders by the week and then into cardboard magazine holders for each month.  Then my loose coupons are divided by Target coupons, Walgreen's coupons, rite aid coupons, and then all others.  I have never been a fan of cutting every coupon so I have 8 1/2 X 11 sheets of paper with coupons I've printed from online clipped together.  It's easier for organizing at home but a pain in the butt when I'm at a store and see something on clearance that I know I have a coupon for it and I have to thumb through 100 sheets of paper.  It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment