Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ever been a consignor?

I'm working now on gathering all my baby clothes and toys for a consignment sell in a fee weeks.  It is the Twice as Nice consignment that will be at the Armory the first weekend of March.  I did their sale for the first time last fall and I was really happy with it.  At first it was a lot of work because I had to enter every item I was selling in their computer system and then print out tags and tag them myself.  But you get to keep a large portion of the profits (I'm trying to remember - I think it's 70% and they keep 30%) which is much better than Once Upon a Child or other consignors here locally.  And you get paid in a check that is mailed to you about 2 weeks after the sale is over.  They except anything kid and also home decor items.  They have very high standards so nothing can be stained, torn, or worn too much.  All toys have to have batteries in the also.  So I always think of that when I'm pricing because I'm out the cost of those batteries.  Although I get great coupon deals on batteries and have usually gotten them free anyways. Last year I did not take very much.  About 3 paper grocery sacks full and I made about $40.  That works for me because I live in the middle of now-where and I can't really have a yard sale at my home.  If you want to check it out or just shop there, here is the link to their website  http://www.twiceasniceevansville.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment