Wednesday, December 7, 2011

$10 Moneymaker at Walgreens???

I had heard about this awesome $10 moneymaker deal at Walgreens and I went to try it myself today. Here's the deal below:

Delica Lancing Device $19.99
$19.99 printable coupon HERE
$10 Walgreens store coupon located in their monthly coupon booklet
= FREE plus $10 moneymaker

When I tried this deal I had diapers in my transaction to soak up the $10 overage (which I had coupon for also of course) and 8 gift bags on sale for $1/8 which were fillers.

The coupon beeped and the cashier had to get it authorized by a manger who told her to price down the printable coupon to $9.99.  I of course protested this and I was told that Walgreens never gives cash back or overage.  When I checked my Walgreens coupon policy (which I did have with me) and it does not clearly state it one way or the other.  I have gotten overage at Walgreens many times but I wasn't able to argue my point without it clearly stating it in the coupon policy.  You can still get the item for FREE but I was doing this deal for the overage and the item would be donated.

The reason why I put a question mark on this deal is because I know of numerous people who have gotten this deal to go through and I know of one person locally who has as well.  So maybe it all comes down to who your cashier is.  I'm the type of couponer who is a rule follower and I want to follow the stores coupon policy but it does seem like this issue is a little bit of a grey area. 

2 comments:

  1. I was reading on a post that you must hand over first the manufacturer coupon and than the walgreens coupon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make it a habit to always hand over manufacturer coupons first and hold onto the store coupons so the cashier has no choice but to scan them first. Then I say "Oh I forgot I have these too." LOL

    ReplyDelete