Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Schnucks shopping trip

In this weeks flyer there is a deal from General Mills where if you buy $20 worth of participating products - you will get a $5 coupon printed at the register for a future shopping trip. I was able to get 16 boxes of taco shells (hard and soft), 8 packages of taco seasoning and 5 packages of hamburger meat for $15 using this deal.  First there are tearpads for $3 off hamburger meat with the purchase of 3 old el paso shells.  So I bought 16 Old El Paso shells to get to $20.  I was able to use 5 of the hamburger coupons to go with 15 of the taco shells packages.  And then I used 8 free taco seasoning coupons that were peelies on the taco boxes for buying 2 old el paso products.   I'm sure this all sounds confusing but it works.  I went to the register and everything rang up right and I got my $5 coupon. The Schnucks on S. green river has the best tearpad coupons and the most so I would suggest going there.  So heres the shortcut:
Buy 16 boxes/packages of Old El Paso hard or soft tacos (on sale for 4/$5)
Buy 8 packages of Old El Paso taco seasoning
Buy 5 packages of hamburger meat priced just over $3
Use 5 tearpad coupons for $3 off hamburger meat with the purchase of 3 Old El Paso products
Use 8 pink peelie coupons found on the taco shells boxes for the free seasoning
Use the $.60 off 2 Old El Paso taco shell coupons that were on http://www.coupons.com/ (I don't believe they are up anymore but I had 4)

You will get all your hamburger meat and taco seasoning free and the taco shells pretty cheap.   

No comments:

Post a Comment