Thursday, April 14, 2011

Funny Walmart story

I was shopping at Walmart today and I had a bunch of items with coupon matchups for this trip. I found a male cashier and he rang up all my items. We had a nice conversation about a full size Operation game at the local Chucky Cheese. He was so friendly (unusual for Walmart by my experience) and then I showed him all my coupons. Then he went on to talk about this Extreme Couponing show he saw on TLC. He said "let me subtotal this like they do on that show so you can see the price go down." I played stupid and said "oh that would be fun." And he talked on and on about this crazy lady who bought $1,000 of groceries and paid $5 for it. And the man that had a grocery store in his garage. He wasn't paying any attention to my coupons, just scanning them all - although I was watching to make sure each one got scanned. Then he did the last one (I had about 25 coupons) and he looked at the sub-total and said "Oh my gosh it's $12." My sub-total was $68. He looked at me puzzled and said "How did you do that...oh wait are you one of those couponer people?" I almost died laughing. That made my day. So if you use a few coupons your a person who uses a few coupons but if you have a 70-99% savings on your total then you are "one of those people." I am very proud to be one of those frugal people and to have a cashier who appreciated it also. Below is a list of the items I bought that gave me the great savings with the coupon match-ups. I hope you get to be "one of those people" as well.


Operation (Buzz Lightyear) $5
$3 printable coupon - http://www.playsaver.com/
= $2

Air Wick warmer $1
$1 printable coupon - http://www.coupons.com/
= free
Visine (travel size) $2
$2 printable coupon http://www.smartsource.com/
= free
Revlon nail clippers starting at $1.42
Use the $2/1 printable coupon - No longer available but was at Target's site
Final cost FREE + $0.58 in overage!

Various $1 winter clothing clearance items

No comments:

Post a Comment