Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Did you have storm damage last night?

I hope everyone made it through the stormy night and has power.  We were lucky and only last power for a few minutes but I have to share this story. We had tornado warnings at our house tonight and a bad storm with 80mph winds did come through but no tornado that we know of but we lost our power. With all my couponing I do have emergency kits in our garage and the basement with first aid materials and food/water but I didn’t have flashlights. My husband spent all his time looking for a flashlight and not being in the basement with us. After everything was over he was still mad about the fact that we had no working flashlights. And I said (and I should have stayed quiet) well I have all those flashlights I got free with the Menards rebate program in the closet but those are for Christmas gifts. My husband about lost it. So the lesson learned is to stockpile for my own family and home first and for gifts and donations second.

3 comments:

  1. We just got power back this morning in Cambridge, north side of Evansville. Just as I was searching for a flash light our power went out. We have flashlights, but they never have good batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Visine you've been getting at Target Visine A or the original kind? I don't know which coupon to print out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Visine I have gotten is plain Visine in the travel section at Walmart or Target. There were 2 coupons out there - both for $2 off. One of them had a size restriction of 1/2 ounce or more and that won't get the product for free but cheap. The one I used stated any Visine product. I've gotten confused myself exactly where I printed them from but I believe they are no longer up. Below is a link (you may have to copy and paste this) from a coupon database saying they have a $2 Visine coupon. When I bring it up it shows no Visine coupon but that may be because I already printed my max and so it won't show it. Hopefully it is there for you.
    http://coupons.redplum.com/offers/default.aspx?Id=Hip2Save&DefaultZipCode=

    ReplyDelete