Friday, April 27, 2012

Yard sale seasons here

I love seeing all the yard sales listed in the paper and I've especially gotten hooked on church sales. I love that there is so much all under one roof and the prices are usually pretty good. My mother in law has told me before that she doesn't like the church sakes because it's usually people's items that didn't sale at their own yard sale and donated to the church. But I have found some pretty good stuff at the last 3 church sales I've been too. I went to one about 2 weeks ago where all the clothing was $.25! So I stockpiled some baby clothes for a friend. Today, as you can see in the picture, I hit a huge sale at a west side church. I stayed there for almost 2 hours and filled my entire van. I got 4 pieces of furniture for under $20 including a large wooden rocking chair, a large bench, a coat rack and a night stand! After I refinish all 4 pieces I plan to sell them for about $175. It also saves me gas to hit a few church sales on one side of town instead of driving all over Evansville. It also feels good to know the money I spent may go to fund a youth group or mission trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment