Thursday, February 16, 2012

I saved over $76 last night at Kroger

Oh I had fun last night. My sister-in-law and I hit all the resale shops, Panera (YUM!) and Kroger. She had a 50% savings on her grocery trip and I had 49%. My subtotal was $156.77 and after sales and coupons it was $80.33. I also got $6 in catalinas. Most of this was due to coupons that doubled and using the Mega Sale deals to maximize our savings. Shopping the mega sales at Kroger gets tricky because you have to buy in multiples of 10 but you can mix and match. My free items included Colgate toothpaste, toothbrushes and Reese eggs. I got Totinos pizza rolls for $.29 and the party pizzas for $.54.

So I could say it was worth the gas money to go and it was certainly a good time. My goal is to try and go once a month and next time I think I might try to do an extreme couponing trip. I think I've got the Kroger coupon rules down now and have the confidence to do a really BIG trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment