Sunday, June 3, 2012

Using Youtube to Coupon???

Here is one of my number one tips on how to find hidden deals.  Youtube!  Sounds weird but it works.  Go to youtube and search "unadvertised coupon deal" and then look for videos that have been posted within the last 2 days.  Check to make sure it's for a store that we have local and then watch the short video.  There are couponers all over the country that don't use blogs, Facebook or Re-clip it but use Youtube to make videos in order to pass on deals.  Many times there are unadvertised or hidden deals and when a couponer comes across this it can mean big savings for the rest of us.  Especially when they make a video on it and explain the deal, show you the exact product and even show you the receipt.  It's great if your a visual leaner like me.

So for example, last year I saw a video on a unadvertised Skintimate shaving gel deal at CVS.  The can was priced $2.49 and it was producing a $2.50 ECB with a limit of 100.  Yes, I said 100 which is unheard of for CVS.  Not only that, but the ECB was rolling.  So I went straight out to a CVS and saw the product with no sign but purchased 4 of them.  Sure enough it printed me a $10 ECB.  So I ended up buying 22 cans between 4 stores (I didn't clear the shelves).  I let my sister-in-law know about the deal as well so she could hit up the Warrick county stores as well as posting on the blog.  The video was posted on a Sunday night and I made my visit to the CVS at 9am on Monday morning and by noon on Monday the deal went dead.  That just means that the computer system stopped producing the ECB.  I later found out that CVS corporate made a mistake by setting the limit at 100 and letting the ECB roll and quickly found out and stopped the deal.  But thanks to YouTube, I was able to get 22 cans and so was many other couponers.  I called around and found out that every CVS in the tri-state was sold out of the Skintimate. I certainly wasn't the only one who found out about this great deal. That's the power of the word of mouth and I love it. 

So the moral of the story, add Youtube to your list of places to look for coupon deals.  Especially on Sunday and Monday which I find to be the best days for deals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment