Friday, June 1, 2012

Does this happen to you?

So last night I was going to Walmart and I had over 50 coupons ready and my list written out.  I was going to use a coupon on every item I was buying and with several items being free after redeeming the coupon.  As I was leaving the house I saw my husband writing on my list.  He wanted a new wire brush to scrub the grill, hamburger buns and a new toilet brush for the bathroom.  I looked at him and said "I don't have a coupon for those things."  He said "but your going to Walmart." 

Ok, so he's not a couponer and doesn't understand that I was going for a goal to get my grocery purchase to a 50% savings and using a coupon for everything I purchased.  He was trying to mess my numbers up and increase my purchase percentage. I told him, "I'll have to get those items another time."

So the end of the story is that I did get the hamburger buns and "forgot" to get the other 2 items. I'll get those other 2 items at the Dollar General store when they have the $5 off a $25 purchase coupon. It just drives me crazy to pay full price for ANYTHING.  I try to get a deal, use a coupon or find a sale on everything I can.  It's a principle to live by and also a necessity. 

My poor husband is tortured by his couponing wife.  I stick fast food restaurant coupons in his wallet and then will text him at his lunch break to remind him to use his coupons.  He doesn't get to choose which brand of shaving cream or body wash he wants, he gets what I was able to get for FREE with coupons.  I seem to either have 22 sticks of deodorant and none at all.  I do believe it's a tough life being a couponers husband.

2 comments:

  1. FYI Double Coupon at McKim's IGA the whol month of June.

    Tracy Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy. I'll be in Mount Vernon every Monday this month for my little one's reading group at the library so now I'll hit up CVS, the thrift shop and double coupon shopping! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete